Transparent Kindergartens Above Streets


drawing on paper
2005
Mixed tachnic


ABOUT MY WORK
Imagine a place where every act, every touch would have the impact of a non-ending question; or the impact of a kind of revolution, because there would be no meta-narrative between or amongst any act. The dynamic of such a place is, physically, a history of equations — a poetics, not of metaphors or symbols, but that of the un-measurable, obscene in the hole of life.
I am interested in speaking as if stereotypes within cultural identification would not exist, I crossover, and I find sequences that differ from each other in a certain way as far as I can see. I am not at all interested in moralizing these differences. The lines in my drawings do not properly describe something, they are rather weapons of endless translating power. I am interested in a material that is artist, businessman, time, fetish, translation.
Suddenly, ‘from nothing’, something becomes very important, and I come out with it very precisely (as it must be). Joke, trickster, droll, ... real confusion, no made up confusion ... This gives me ‘all these’ possibilities.

robert estermann

No comments: